MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING AND
THE MEETING OF THE SHERIFF’S POSSE COMMUNITY
ROAD IMPROVEMENT AND MAINTENANCE DISTRICT BOARD
June 23, 2023, 4:30 P.M.
1) The meeting was called to order at 4:34 P.M. In attendance were Randy Loemker, Laura Ross, Shanen Lacy, and three other community members.
2) Randy reviewed the quote from Earth Resources that was presented earlier (see minutes of 6/8/23). He then described an option suggested by him to expand the trench width to four feet, place the slotted pipe (with additional perforations/slots on the bottom) on the downhill side, and fill the trench with a permeable gravel/rock base. Though he is still waiting for a revised quote, the board agreed that the $2000 experiment should be put on hold.
3) Randy summarized the two options for supplemental contract snow removal this winter. Neither actually involves a contract. Luis Rojas, with two skid loaders now outfitted with blades, has the most equipment, and offers the lowest price at $110/hr, but would expect to receive business from every snow, has multiple customers, and is not available the last two weeks in December. Dan Brutinel has only one other customer, at a lower altitude, where he could station a truck with blade, and could position his skid loader with blade and chains here, is more flexible and would come only when needed, but is more expensive at $150/hr with a $400 minimum per deployment. Randy moved that we work with Dan, and the motion carried unanimously.
4) A few options were discussed as a replacement for Shanen on the Board. It was agreed that nobody would volunteer unless asked, and that Shanen would ask Leon Dame. Randy would prepare a job description, with the suggestion that the new Board member take over the responsibilities as District Clerk and Records Officer from Laura.
5) Call to the public elicited no additional comment.
6) The meeting was adjourned at 5:13 P.M.